I really have issue with eyebrows and facial hair. Seriously, I seem to have this bizarre and completely inappropriate inner dialogue regarding other women's eyebrows and facial hair. I know that I should not care about what other women do with their facial hair and eyebrows. Other than giving me a good case of the heebie jeebies and to wonder what makes her go out of the house like that? I should be unconcerned and simply look away. Other women's appearances are none of my business. However, like any good accident, this behavior fascinates me.
Let me share. First lets talk about eyebrow tattoos. I can see the necessity for a well drawn and tasteful eyebrow tattoo. Something that enhances the eye and brings about the beauty of the overall face. What I do not understand is the Grocho Marks tattoo eyebrow or the angry clown expression eyebrow. They look as, if they are drawn on with a black sharpie. I think why? What ever possessed this person to place this on her face. Forever. Of course, then there is the surprise eyebrow look. This is a thin line that goes way up on the forehead over the eyebrow line. It looks like the baby clown from the early 1900's. This is yet another one that leaves me looking at the women with a look of quandary and fascination.
I suppose I could look past crazy eyebrow ladies. At least these women make an effort and seem to care about their appearance. If I could get past not grooming your eyebrows or facial hair at all. The uni brow, or the caterpillar bush brow. These are very interesting. There is the bearded ladies and mustache girls. Some women make an effort and bleach their facial hair. As if, bleaching it makes it invisible. Sorry, this does not make it so.
I truly can understand not having enough time or wanting to be all natural. In theory I get it. However, something deep inside me is so anti body hair that I just want to take a pair of tweezers and begin to start tweezing as soon as I see someone with a bushy brow or a hairy lip. Its almost visceral, it runs so deep. I can't help it. I find myself staring at the offending brow, or hairy lip. I want to turn away...I do. I just can't. This is why I do not carry tweezers with me.
I realize I have issues and there is no true help for me but the next time you see some one with angry eyebrows or a hairy chin...I dare you...Yes. I double dog dare you...to not want to pluck that chin hair or giggle at the those sharpie brows.
Guilty of the hairy lip and chin. You have to let them grow so the wax can work. Luckily I don't hAve to draw on my eyebrows. I think a bunch of ladies just got stuck with bad tattoos
ReplyDelete