Friday, July 3, 2015

Happy Fourth of July Everyone

I keep thinking about America.  We truly are an amazing nation that came from people who wanted to practice their faith and have some control over their lives.  They managed to start what became America.  The greatest country in the world in democracy for over two centuries and done a pretty good job so far, I think.

Yes, there were bad things, the decimation of the American Indians culture and the stealing of their lands.  The enslavement of a people, yet America corrected itself in the long run and did it's best to make amends.  Not perfectly but what do you expect?  America is made up of people and people are so far from perfect.

I am proud to be an American.  Even though our country is in a world of crap right now with our constitution and the first amendments being thwarted and ignored daily I still love our country and don't think there is another place like it any where.

I keep thinking that with all things change is inevitable and eventually we as a people will evolve and come out the other end better.  At least I hope we will.

I keep thinking that when the Romans came to the British Isles and never left.  They brought their many Gods and then they brought Christianity.  The Druid faith was decimated along with their altars, idols and way of life.  The Roman Christians even incorporated their holidays into the Druid holidays so the Druids would accept them more readily.  It worked.  Eventually the transition was seamless and everyone was a Christian and, if you weren't you were burned at the stake.  Will something like this happen to us in America or has it already started to happen?

I keep wondering what is going to happen in between the now and the then but I guess I get to live through it all or maybe I will be dead by the time it has finished.  I hope I can manage to keep my head about me and still remain true to my truest heart.  I hope that no one bends a knee to the beast for a chocolate bar or a pair of stockings.  I sure hope I don't.

There are some things I just can't let happen.  I won't let anyone mess with my Daughter, ever.  I wont ever deny God, just try and make me.  Don't ever tell me who to love.  Do not get in between me and my husband.  These are the draw the line in the sand thing.  Just saying.

So, even though our American culture has changed drastically since it's inception and is truly changing now, I am very happy to be here and am still very proud to be an American.  I am grateful and feel more than blessed for all the opportunity that I have had and taken advantage of in my life here.

I was abandoned at birth in a county hospital and lucky enough to be adopted by a wonderful family.  I took every opportunity that was offered and made something of myself.  I am really not all that much but at least I have an education and can take care of myself, if I have to. That is what America is all about...opportunity.  The pursuit of happiness....how cool is that?

So, take a moment on this fourth of July, if you will and thank God that we are lucky enough to have America and our Constitution because we are truly the greatest and most blessed country there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment