Saturday, July 25, 2015

Welfare is not OK and either is restaurant vouchers

I became involved in a discussion on Facebook.  The discussion was about food stamps and whether or not they should be allowed at restaurants.  

I am opposed to restaurants allowing food stamps as legal tender for many reasons.  I did not go into any real depth or my reasoning and simply touched on my thoughts.  I will now go into what I really think about food stamps and welfare.  

When I was a child, going to a restaurant was a treat and a privilege for the well behaved child or adults only.  I remember that going to McDonald's was such a rare occurrence that  I could be bribed into doing any chore for the possibility of maybe going to said restaurant and each of us getting one small hamburger a piece and sharing one fry while we ate in the car.  I do not remember drinking a soda.  If we did get one, we shared it in between three of us.  

My parents feed us at home.  We brought our lunches to school from food that our parents bought from the store that was earned by my Father.  We usually ate all our meals at our table in our kitchen until our plates were clean and we were not allowed to drink any liquids until after we finished eating.  We used plates, cups and utensils to eat with napkins in our laps.  Manners were installed and maintained at all times.  

My parents believed that, if you have children you provide for them and feed them, cloth them, put a roof over their heads, make sure you can give them medical treatment, if they need it and love them no matter what.  My parents kept us clean, healthy and well cared for because they were taught this was the right thing to do.  They taught us that once you have a child or once you become an adult you take care of yourself and your family and do whatever it takes to make sure you are 100% responsible for your family, 100% of the time.  I believe this as well.  

I learned that the welfare system was supposed to be a temporary system to help people out of temporary situations.  I understand that people get themselves into situations and need help from time to time.  Even, if you cannot get the job you have trained for or have been educated for for a year or more and need assistance for you and your family, it seems to me that I would be working two maybe three crap jobs and growing food in pots in my nasty cheap apartment window before I would take food stamps. 

This points the pro restaurant people were making was the people receiving food stamps did not have the opportunity to get fresh food in some of the places they live.  That is bull shit.  There are markets on every street that you can't possibly not run into one.  Also, if you have been on government assistance so long that you have time to complain about food or the quality of food, then something is terribly wrong.  

Needing temporary assistance is for the desperately poor and people who need food right now and for a few months to get them over a really bad situation, not for a way of life and leisurely dinning.  If you need food stamps, you don't care about what the stamps can buy, you are happy that they can fill your belly full of food and are grateful.  

Besides, I can afford to go to a restaurant anytime I want, yet I do not because I work and so does my husband.  We choose to eat at home and be good stewards of our finances.  I find it interesting that those who do not work and are given these food stamps go to restaurants more than I ever have or ever will.  Why not, they are not paying for it with their money, they are using taxpayer money.  Imagine, if someone paid for you to go out to eat all the time?  How cool would that be?  

I believe that we should be responsible for our own people and charity should be given within our own families.  We need to prepare for our own old age and plan for that time so we will not burden our children with our expense or care.  If there is a family member that is unable to care for themselves then all the family needs to figure out how to care for them and share in that responsibility.  I want to have a say in who I give my money to and who I help.  Charity does begins at home.  

If there is truly no family, then yes, the state or government can step in to help but only on a temporary basis.  If it is a permanent disability and this person truly cannot work, yes we should by all means assist them and care for them.  It would be such a small percentage of people that we could really take care of them and do right by them.  

Just like social security and medicare should only be for those who have paid into it.  I don't think that it should ever be given to anyone who has not paid taxes.  Both of these programs are privileges of the taxpayers for the taxpayers and should never be given to those who have not earned them nor paid into them.  

I had mentioned the welfare mom.  I was saying that a welfare mom is an able bodied person who if able to breed, by all accounts should be able to work.  I can see a women finding herself in a situation once in her life and needing help with medical bills and maybe the first six months of her surprise babies life.  

After that she needs to be on her own, just like everyone else.  She needs to figure out child care, a job, food and a place to live.  We all had to do that with or without a partner.  What makes her so special that she can have a liter of children and use taxpayer dollars for decades and now the ability to go to restaurants and use them as well?  I say no.  

There is no reason that this should be perpetuated any longer.  These women are not teaching these children to be responsible adults,  to be good stewards and strong citizens of America.  No! They are teaching them to be leaches on society and lazy.  I say again, no, this must stop and to begin with no welfare accepted at restaurants.  

Going even further than that, I think that only on child be allowed on the welfare dime and that should be paid back by the mother and the father even, if it takes a lifetime of five dollars a month.  

The second child would be the complete responsibility of the parents just like all the rest of us.  Perhaps there would be a second thought or two before the surprise baby was made.  One can hope.  One can hope.  Maybe, more children would be placed up for adoption to responsible and loving people because there would be no welfare money available.  

Yes, I am against long term, life time food stamps and welfare for able bodied people.  I believe that we should all take care of our own families and do what it takes instead of living of the hard work of others.  Yes, I think it is disgusting to take money from the American government, when you are perfectly able to take care of yourself and your family.

There is no reason to have baby after baby on the welfare dime knowing that you cannot possibly support them and insist that the American taxpayer foot the bill and allow you to go to restaurants as well.  This is beyond insane.  As well as all the men who live with the women and will not marry them and continue to impregnated them over and over again for the free ride.  These are not men.  They are in my opinion worse than maggots.  

Shame on all of you who think that it is fine and dandy.  Even if you have a mental illness and are unable work because of this mental illness. Being stable and ready for society is your goal.  I don't think anyone wants to be in a perpetual state of big brotherness.  I don't.  If you are so mentally ill you cannot function, then you need to be institutionalized or locked away.  Either work on it and become as healthy as you can be or howl at the moon.  We do as a society need to take care of our mentally ill and need to have the money to do it.  If we were not letting the welfare folks eat at Joe's everyday, then maybe we could take care of them better.  

My husbands family and my adopted family did not come to this country to work and pay taxes so others could sit and watch Jerry 
Springer everyday eating pizza paid for by the American taxpayer and breeding indiscriminately like stupid gerbils.  No, they did not.  They came here to work and make something of themselves.  

Wake up America.  We still live in the greatest country in the world and have more opportunities than even imaginable.  Do not buy into the progressive liberal agenda that would have us all living as non thinking zombie idiots, breeding and doing what we are told.  Think for yourselves, do for yourselves and provide for yourselves.  
So much better then being beholding or some government slut.  Just saying. 










2 comments:

  1. Well, you're on a roll. All valid points. I believe that job training needs to be included also. We are giving you money, you better go to this school and get trained. That includes the men too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree. No one gave any of us job training. If you have children, you provide for them by giving them job training or an education. It is not our countries responsibility to use taxpayer money to train some youth and not other youth. People need to be responsible for their own children. Just because you can breed does not mean you should breed

    ReplyDelete