Monday, June 15, 2015

Rolling Stones Magazine and an article

I read an article in the Rolling Stone Magazine today.  It was an old issue laying around the break area.  The article was about young people joining ISIS or becoming Jihad.  I am not sure, if these two terms are the same or different.  To me they mean terrorist.  However, after reading the article, I was like WTF?  

Basically the article follows a few young people and the process of becoming Jihad or joining ISIS.  I hope I spelled that right.  The article was really disturbing.  I suppose I can understand why young men might want to join.  To have a cause to live and die for.  Something like that in a really creepy and wrong sort of way.  I guess.  

What really kinda freaked me out were the young girls.  These were westernized young women who were going to give away every thing they have as women in our culture to become voluntary  slaves in another one.  I don't think they understand the gravity of what they are doing.  

Let me talk about becoming a voluntary slave.  OK, to me becoming a voluntary  slave is giving up your way of dressing, behaving, speaking, the right to choose who you love and marry.  I have read in other sources that women in that culture may not be allowed to read, watch TV or even leave their home without a male escort unless their Husband or male relative permits them to.  I say this is slavery.  I don't know, what do you think about that?  

So, these westernized girls go and becomes all ISIS and gets the black dress and matching scarf.  They marry, whomever they are told and then what?  They are the fourth of four wives to some 50 year old guy and is the lowest of the household.  I can't imagine any western girl ever thinking that was fun.  Not ever.  Just saying.  

So, what do you think the draw is? I just don't see it?  Young men strapping bombs to themselves for a religion completely foreign to anything they have ever heard of.  Young women giving up complete freedom to become slaves?  I don't get it.  Please someone explain this to me?

Could it really be our Atheist, leftist Government that allows our media to rule our country?  Could it be that?  Maybe?  I am so not informed nor smart enough to even begin to understand nor begin to answer the question.  What do you think?




2 comments:

  1. Our culture is a moral vacuum. Young people are looking for anything to fill that void. Children used to be taught that they have a responsibility to be productive, honest citizens of a great and philanthropic society. Now they are taught nothing. They are indoctrinated to believe that the culture that made our modern world possible is also responsible for every human failure and only causes misery and repression. I too, fail to see why privileged youths would be drawn to something so controlling and negative. Maybe any structure is preferable to none. I pray for our country and for the next generation. I pray they will embrace the values and standards that made us a great nation in the first place.
    Romans awake! The barbarians are at the gates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our culture is a moral vacuum. Young people are looking for anything to fill that void. Children used to be taught that they have a responsibility to be productive, honest citizens of a great and philanthropic society. Now they are taught nothing. They are indoctrinated to believe that the culture that made our modern world possible is also responsible for every human failure and only causes misery and repression. I too, fail to see why privileged youths would be drawn to something so controlling and negative. Maybe any structure is preferable to none. I pray for our country and for the next generation. I pray they will embrace the values and standards that made us a great nation in the first place.
    Romans awake! The barbarians are at the gates!

    ReplyDelete