Sunday, June 28, 2015

The rainbow and all that it brings

I keep thinking what the impact of this 50 states of gay marriage will have on our culture here in America.  I wonder what changes it will bring?  

I keep hearing that all religions will be changed forever and that since no church can refuse a gay marriage request inside its sanctuary, that if a church does refuse, that church will loose its ability to claim its tax free exemption.  

I am not sure, if I understand this concept or not.  I think that means the church would not be able to continue because it would not be able to afford to exist.  In essence many churches would simply go away because they could not afford to dkeep their doors open.  Either stand by their principals or close their doors.  

So, if I understand this right, many religions would have to change their dogma or cease to exist as we know them.  Do I understand this right?  Not sure, if I do.  

Not sure how I feel about that.  I think that all churches have a right to stand how they have been standing and believe how they believe.  Teach what they teach and marry whom they want to marry.  Just like everyone has the right to marry who they want to marry.  I think it is kinda presumptuous of folks to want to marry in a church where they are not welcome.  I would never force my way into a synagogue or a mosque simply because I thought it was a nice venue.  I would want to marry in a place where I felt the presence of my God.  Then again that is me.  Maybe, I misunderstand.  I am sure I am missing something. Right?

Even now, I am a non active member of my church.  I cannot attend or even go into my temple because I am not in good standing.  I would not assume to push my way in because I know I am not worthy to enter.  The church deems me not worthy and I accept.  I do not rail against my church in anger.  I have a choice after all to follow my churches dogma 100 percent or to not.  I chose to follow my heart and I know my choice is sound.

I wonder what the new law will bring?  Will this law bring peace or will it bring chaos? Time will tell. This will get really interesting really fast.  

I hope in my deepest hope this new law brings peace.  In my logical heart I know that this will not happen.  I think this is just the tip of the iceberg.  I can only pray that we will all be smart enough to not be idiots about the whole thing.  I still am naive enough to have hope.  

I have been told that there is a movement to bring a certain or 100 percent androgyny to almost all aspect of our life.  For example, same sex bathrooms, same sex clothing and the list goes on.  I wonder what that would be like?  

I am not sure I am ready to change into my scrubs with my male co-workers yet.  I wonder, if I am allowed to call them male anymore?  I wonder, if I am allowed to call myself female?  Anyway, not ready to disrobe in front of people I formally thought of as male or go to the bathroom next to one of them.  I might forever be constipated and unable to fart ever again.  Besides, I take great pains in hiding my celluloid ass from my male or what I identify as male co-workers.  What would I do, if they actually saw how bumpy my ass really was?  Oh the horror!!!!

I think I would miss wearing pretty clothes that were feminine and made me feel like a girl.  Just the thought makes me sad.   I don't want to wear shapeless gray clothes.  I really don't.  I pray things don't come to that, I really do.  Besides, who really wants to wear battleship gray with a bra that does not support you or uplift your breast in any sort of definable way?  I just had a thought....what, if you are not allowed to shave or wax?  No!!!!!! Wearing gray and being hairy in all the wrong places?  I think I would rather not.  Thank you.  

OK, I might be going on and on here.  I know I am.  I am truly interested in this culture shift and what will happen.  Now that we have opened this new box of rainbows, will we find the pot of gold or will we forever look for it?  I wonder. What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment