Friday, June 19, 2015

Today at the Vet Office

OK..let me back track a bit.  The Vet that misdiagnosed Pookie, called me last week and wanted to know how she was doing.  I told her the good news that Pookie was fully recovered and doing well.  She wanted me to bring her in to see her regular Vet this week for a re-check.  Um, OK...I can do that.

She again asked me, if my Husband and I had been smoking marijuana and gave any to Pookie.  Again, I told her we did no,  we do no drugs nor did we force feed our dog drugs.  She asked again, if we fed her snail bait.  Again, I told her no.

I made an appointment with her for the other Vet.  She asked me to make sure I came to the appointment or to make sure I cancel in advance.  She asked me to not be a no show and then come  months later without an appointment and expect to be seen.  What I weird thing to say, I thought.

I was really insulted by her words and her attitude.  Every dealing I have had with this person has infuriated me.  Not only was she an idiot and unable to help my dog in any way, she was insulting to me and my husband.  She could not even do a simple drug calculation for my dog in my presence because it required her to do math in her head.  She had to leave the room and use a calculator.

I wonder why she would think I would not come to my appointment?  Why she would insist that my husband and I were lying and forcing our dog to eat marijuana?  We don't look like drug users or people that skip out on appointments?  In fact, we look like the basic boring steady middle aged couple that does everything they are supposed to all the time.  What made her think this of us?

I wonder about practitioners like her.  I suppose she did well in school.  She probably had straight A's.  Was accepted into all the best schools and took tests well, however she is completely vacant.  A souls meat sac.  Just because you can recall information does not mean you are a good Doctor.  Just because you can take a test and get a good grade does not mean you can save a life or make the right diagnosis.  Nope, I will take the person who has that certain gift that only God gives those who heal and gets a C over her kind any day.

I brought Pookie in to her Vet today.  The Vet that was on vacation.  The Staff was amazed that she was healed and happy.     I told them that I loved her into health.  I hand fed and watered her.  I carried her around in a baby sling and  treated her like a 28 week neonate for ten days.  Then her Vet asked me, if I had given her snail bet. WTF?  Again?  I looked at him like I might eviscerate him.  He stepped back a few feet into the wall and I saw him gulp a few times.  Yes, be afraid be very afraid.  This is my baby your talking about.

I told him and his staff to never let that other Vet ever touch my baby again and tell me, if he is ever going out of town again.  I didn't tell them I gave that VET a bad YELP review or I called the Vet board review on her.  I just smiled and was polite because that is what I do best.  Smile and then stab you in the brachial artery while I am doing it.  Then watch you bleed out and make sure there is no mess.  Such joy in the small things.  Oh, did I just write that out loud?  Oops.

Best thing, is that Pookie is better.  Next best thing is that Vet has a small but meaningful mark against her.  I suppose that should not make me feel better but it does.

Am I wrong to be so vengeful about harm done to whom I consider my family?  Or am I just being ridiculous?  Should I just trust blindly in those with the Doctor tag and believe that they are the ones to know everything and do as they suggest?  Or should I follow my instants and experience and knowledge base?  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment