I was thinking the other day about what it was like to fall in love for the first time. Do you remember that? That rush. That first kiss. How breathless that kiss was. How you tingled all over from head to toe and you thought there was no one ever to feel what you had felt with that one kiss? I know I did.
I wonder, if anyone ever thinks of that kiss? I do from time to time and I think of the boy who gave it to me. Believe it or not, he was a boy from Church. A boy I met while I was supposed to be learning about our Lord and Savior. He gave me my first kiss behind the youth building. I could never get enough of that boy. Yet, today, I can't even remember his last name or where he lived.
I remember that boy because he was a surfer boy with bleached blond hair and ice blue eyes. I think of him right around my birthday because his birthday was a few days after mine. Funny how things like that don't matter, when your 14. This boy and I left each other a little more grown up after we were done with each other. I am glad I knew him. I am glad I couldn't stop myself from kissing him that first time or the next 100 times after that.
Do you ever just let yourself sink into those feelings of that first kiss of yesterday and feel that first blush of innocence? I don't let myself go there very often. I have never even counted those kisses as anything other than something just for my own memories and no one else's. Yet, here I write to all of you about my first steps into womanhood. I wonder what your experience was? What it was like for you? That kiss of first Love's delight.
I just wrote that and thought how silly. Yet, I can't change what I just wrote. I am glad I had a boy that I kissed and kissed over and over until my lips were chapped and I smiled until someone should have slapped that ridiculous smile off my face. Not!
I hope that everyone has a boy or girl in their lives that kisses them until they can't wipe the smile off of their faces and leaves them breathless. I hope that, this person makes you smile again and again to what almost what feels like a million years later. Just because it was awesome. Just because it was so totally cool. Just because it was yours and his or hers. Just because.
No comments:
Post a Comment