Tuesday, March 17, 2015

What is all this about a Mangina?

I read a word in a book I was reading.  It was Mangina.  I was like WTF?  I had to put the book down and laugh my bottom off.  Then pick the book up and re-read the whole page again just to get the content and understand what mangina meant.  I went to google and found something in the Urban Dictionary that was interesting.  I wrote some it down for you below.  

According to Urban Dictionary: "A male lackey of the Feminist hate movement (usually called a feminist), who views women as superior to men and always bows down to and agrees with women as superior to men and always bows down to and agrees with women in an attempt to curry favor, especially his abusive, man-hating wife who will screw him over in the divorce court, ruin his life and reputation, whelp a child that isn't his and sting him for money."..(it goes on and on.  read it.)

So...OK..I really have been sick for about a week.  I mean really sick.  We are talking fevers, chills the full blown flu.  My Husband and I both have had the flu together and I want to say right now.  Oh, the joy of being sick with your Husband for many, many days.  Not!!  I also have had the joy of cold medication.  This is like adding fuel to the fire of silliness.  I would like to say that I am not responsible for the stuff that comes out of my fingers but I am...its just a bit more silly than normal.  

OK.  Back to the mangina business.  The book was speaking about the men of today.  So, we need to stop here.  I read a lot of post apocalypse books.  I don't know why.  I just do.  I guess I like to be scared.  To be honest, if there ever were Zombies, I would be food.  I run really slow.  I am a fatty after all    If it was some sort of virus....definitely dead.  I catch everything.  Anyway, this book was one of these.  They were describing this character as a modern man and that "he" had grown a mangina.  Not literally, he was not running around with a homegrown mangina .  He was running around with a figurative mangina.  I don't know either one is kind of disturbing and funny either way I think about it.  

So, I got to thinking do I know any mangina's?  I mean men who say they are heterosexual's in a heterosexual relationship.  I do.  I know a few.  At least,  I think I do.  I suppose not exactly like the Urban Dictionary kind, but I know guy who is really the wife in the relationship.  To be honest I think he does a better job then some.  I mean he is no June Cleaver but he manages to hold down a full time job and does everything that a wife would do...cook, clean, shop..gossips....all that fun girl stuff.  I know another guy who by all accounts I would say he is one of the girls.  Although he is a father and a husband, he is one of my favorite girlfriends of all time.  I wonder though, until I had heard that word "mangina" I had never thought about it before.  Does a word define who we are or how we act?  

I suppose that a working or a healthy relationship would be a good indicator to whether or not what defined a persons role in it or not.  Right?  Then what difference does it make what role a person takes in that relationship?  I keep thinking that in this ever changing world we are in, that if that family is working and everyone is growing, healthy and strong then why not, why not the mangina?  Why not just be who we are and be proud of it?  Do what we are born to do and dance to our inner song?  Wouldn't we all be just a little bit happier, if we could all just drop our labels and just be who we really are.

I say yes to the mangina!  I say yes to all the women out there who want to be construction workers and the rough and tumble Fathers knows best but are wearing the wrong dress.  Why not?  I personally love being the classic housewife.  It suites me well.  I also, love a man who is a throw back from the 1940's, hence my husband.  Our very traditional and old fashioned relationship works great for us.  Even my hard core conservative friends find our relationship confining and much to conservative.  I have had my friends say to me.  Teri, how can you let him be so controlling? I say, its like living in a "I Love Lucy" episode.  Me and my BFF get our selves in all sorts of trouble and my husband gets us out of it.  I have a lot of fun.  What can I say.  

Back to the point.  The point is that no matter what the Urban Dictionary says or what we call each other, I think that as long as we are true to ourselves and good to each other is all that really matters.   I say those mangina men, if they are happy, let them be.  Like the great John Lennon said, "Let It Be". 
What difference does it make in the long run, if people are living the lives they want to live in the roles they want to be in?  I say no difference.  Just happier people.

Well, that is my take on it anyway, not rocket science or some great thought provoking words here.  Just what I think.  What do you think about all this?







No comments:

Post a Comment