Saturday, March 14, 2015

What is this thing about love

Have you ever wondered what it was that attracted you to your mate?   I often look at my husband and wonder what the hell was I thinking?  

I ask him sometimes.  Husband..what is it that makes me so irresistible?  I always ask him this after I have been completely exasperating and annoying.  I do this because this is how I role.  I find this funny.   He always looks at me and with 100% honesty he says he has no idea why he loves me.  He says he just does.  He then says he has no off switch for his love for me.  He wishes he did.  He says I drive him crazy.  He says I make no sense that I am illogical and ridiculous.  Just when he is about to rant about how I make his world a mess... I give him by big eyes and the pouty look.  He then smiles and shakes his head and shrugs.  

I remember long before we were married and I was giving my then boyfriend now husband some heated kisses.  I opened my eyes and right in the middle of a kiss, I asked him what he was thinking.  He said that I had the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen.  I tucked that little bit of info in my index file of things to know for future reference.  

I often look at my husband and wonder why is it that I love him.  He is one of or I do believe the smartest person I have ever known.  I have met some very intelligent people in my day.  People with lots of letters behind their names and yet, my husband is light years ahead.  I love that about him.  Smart always turns me on.  Way more than six pack abs or a beautiful face.  I love that my husband can fix anything.  Not that he does mind you.  We have things piled up around here that need fixing and I am sure he will get around to it but not anytime soon.  

It is funny how we all view love and whom we love.  I could no sooner love some hot hunk with hard abs then my husband could go for some young girl who was a ninny.  He has often said that even though a young hot thing would be tempting for an hour or two, what would he ever say to her?  What would they ever have in common and how would they ever have a life of common goals or a future, if there was no common ground?  

Have you ever thought what made you fall in love with your partner/spouse.   What was the one thing that he or she did or was that made you know that this person was the one?  Do you remember?  Tell me I want to know?

No comments:

Post a Comment