Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Mini Bar Lady At Ceasars Palace

I just recently went to Vegas.  I like Vegas.   Well, for the most part.  What I like about Vegas is being waited on hand and foot.  However, to be able to be waited on hand and foot one has to be willing to pay for it.

Lucky for me, my Husband pays for this service that I love so much.  I guess we haven't gotten to know each other yet.  I suppose I should back tract and give you a snap shout into my marriage and then you won't judge me to harshly about my why I love to sucked up to while in Vegas. 

So....I am the kinda Wife that waits on her Husband.  No seriously, I do.  I do everything for him.   I even butter his bread for him at the table.  Hmmm....The only things I do not do for him are basic grooming, dressing and toilet.  Oh! I do not feed him.  Other than that, you can say I do everything else.  

Try and close your mouth and  not let in flies or moths.  Why would a grown, college educated women in the 21st century be so old-fashioned?  To be honest, I do it because it makes my Husband happy.  He feels loved when he is served by his wife.  So, easy peasy.  I just do it.  

On the other hand, my Husband treats me like a Princess.  I worry for nothing financial.  I am taken care of completely.  I do have to be a bit more obedient than most or 99% of all women I know but to me its worth it.  It took as a long good while to get to the point where I could tell him that he was being a complete ass about this or that and the same for him to me but this seems to work for us.  Mostly. 

However, when we go to Vegas or any vacation, I must be waited on.  We have rules.  I carry no luggage.  I run no errands.  I worry over no costs.  Room service is my friend.  A hotel suite or a luxury suite is a necessity not an option.  The basic rule is that there are always people willing to earn money to do any stupid thing that we are to lazy to do.  Just call the front desk or concierge.  

Anyway,  I have rather became enamored with the mini bar.  The Mini bar has snacks and sodas.  The mini bar has juices.  It also has alcohol and coffee and stuff but then there is the awesome sauce bottled water.  It also has, an intimacy kit.  I have never bought one.  I really would like to buy one, just once.   I am dying to find out what is inside and then play with it during Mommy and Daddy happy hour, but I have never been that daring.  Not yet, anyway.  I also, have wanted to purchase the 200 ML of grey goose vodka for $26.00.  Not because I would ever drink it but because I wanted to say I purchased something so small for such a ridiculous price.  I don't know frame it or something.  Hang a label on it.  

So, I was using the water in the mini bar.  We were drinking two waters a day.  I called the front desk and told them to make sure to give us four waters a day.  Day two, we had four waters.  Yay!  Day three we had no waters.  I called the front desk and said.  We have no water.  How come?  In five minutes they send up...no joke 10 waters and promise that by 0900 the next day we will have 4 more waters.  I say cool.  Day four, at 0900 there is no water.  1100 there is a knock on the door and there is the mini bar lady.  Art has answered the door.  We had seen her before in the hall and she would knock on the doors to the rooms and yell something unintelligible.  I don't think it was English.  I only remember this because I had asked Art.  What is she saying?  He said, I don't know.  We even stood in the hall to listen to her because we honestly did not know what the hell she was saying.  Then she would walk into the room and do her mini bar thing.  She always had this sour look on her face like she hated being the mini bar lady.  I don't know, better than being the clean the toilet lady in the casino.  Just saying. 

Anyway, back to the story, Art answers the door and sees it is sour face mini bar lady.  He slams the door in her face.  Five minutes later she knocks again.  He opens the door and she says.  I am here for the mini bar.  She walks in without permission.  I say, you were supposed to be here at 0900 with water.  You were not here.  How come?  She says, I have been busy.  She then hands me two waters.  I say, I don't need these waters anymore, we are leaving.   She says, you take them.  She hands me two more.  Here you take extra.  I say, I don't need them now.  I needed them yesterday.  She then shrugs her shoulders and says she is sorry.  Turns about and leaves.  No explanations, no nothing.  Her facial expression was one of disgust and I can't put my finger on it.  Like how dare I ask for water you infidel or something like that.  

I don't think she is sorry.  I think she could care less, if anyone asks for anything and that she is simply to good to be stocking a mini bar and that we should be stocking her mini bar.   

So, as we check out, I complain to the desk clerk.  He says,  there is nothing I can do.  You can fill out a form.  However, nothing will happen.  I tell him that is crazy.  He says that Ceasars Hotels and all the Hotels that are owned by them are going through some sort of re-structure and the Employees are so few that she is safe so no matter what she does it won't matter.  Holly Hell.  I am instantly sad. I think to myself.  Where can I go that I can get my bow down to me service in Vegas?  Where O' Where?  

3 comments:

  1. http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2013/05/28/las-vegas-best-kept-hotel-secret-and-best-hotel-value/ (elaine)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always felt like poor white trash whenever I have been in Caesar's Palace. If you can't get great service there, I would have to say try the Hilton. I have always observed that their service is old school. Like a well oiled machine. But then, I never use the mini bar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always felt like poor white trash whenever I have been in Caesar's Palace. If you can't get great service there, I would have to say try the Hilton. I have always observed that their service is old school. Like a well oiled machine. But then, I never use the mini bar.

    ReplyDelete