Saturday, April 4, 2015

Religious Mutt and faith

This is the time of year I find myself thinking of Our Heavenly Father and what he did for us and all of mankind.  Then I begin to ponder this one simple question.  Why is the Easter Holiday always a moving Sunday?  Then again why do we celebrate the birth of Jesus on December 25th, when we all know he was born in the spring?  I guess we all know the answers to these questions.  Politics of the times to sway the masses to the ideas of Christianity.  

Then I become slightly disappointed that Christianity or the idea of Christianity,  in order to be tolerated or eventually believed by the general public had to be whitewashed with the local holidays and culture with everything kinda melting into everything else so the ideas of the Lord and Savior would be accepted and then believed.  I suppose in a way this was a good thing because, if not there would be no Church as we know it today.  Maybe we would be still worshiping Gods and Goddess or whatever else.  Not sure about that or what that really means but I sure do think about it often.  

So, I begin to think about what people really believe these days.  I mean really believe in their heart of hearts.  Not going through the motions of attending Church and spouting the right Dogma answers, when asked.  No.  Not that.  Sometimes I think that is a bunch of bull crap that all of us spout off from time to time just to calm the overly zealous and creapazoid righteous freaks that accost us all.   I mean in their hearts.  Their souls.  What is it that they truly believe to be true? 

I get the feeling that most folks believe in God or they might call him or her a higher power or whatever they call him or her.  How can you deny this feeling deep in your soul that whispers to you what is right and wrong?  That still small voice that calms you and guides you.  For me there is no denying this voice that I know to be God.   Whatever others may call him.  For folks that are so closed off that say there is no God.  I wonder what happened to them as children that they cannot feel this guiding spirit in their soul?  I think maybe they were beaten or locked in boxes and believe that there is no love or safety with our Lord.  I am baffled by them and their denial of a higher power then themselves.  Like whatever.  

Most Folks search their whole lives searching for that right fit.  I know I have.  My spiritual quests have been endless.  I still seek God on high.  To me there is no end in learning or seeking the love of Heavenly Father.  I have said this before, that I believe that God has made people like daisies, he made daisies to thrive in all regions of this planet.  He made people the same.  Some people are meant to be Buddhists, some Mormons, some Catholics.  These folks thrive in those environments, just like daisies that thrive in arid conditions or those that do well in jungle like regions.  God knows what he is doing.  Then there are folks like me who just have to know about everything and every ones faiths because I feel it makes me closer to God.  Maybe I am like a religious weed or like my friend said a religious mutt?  She says she is a religious mutt.  I like that phrase.  I think this is why I like her.  We click.  I just grow where I am planted, take whatever God will give me and shine on.  I am sure there are some folks like me out there.  Not many but just enough to make it interesting for everyone else. 

I wonder, if there are still those whack job believers  anymore?  I mean folks that are so hard core in their dogma that they cannot see anyone Else's faith as part of Gods plan other than their own beliefs as the only right way and everyone else who does not believe like they do to be wrong.  I have issues with that.  I really do.  I always have.  It is like I just cannot dance to that tune.  Like they are asking me to wear brown shoes and wear black pants or white after memorial day....even worse black to a wedding.  Call me crazy there are some things I simply cannot or will not do.  

Even if you do not believe in God or the way I believe in God or worship coke cans, that is your right.   Back to the First Amendment thing again but hells bells it is every ones right to believe as they choose.  Then I start to loop it back to why do we move the Easter Holiday all over the place and I am right back in the same place.  Sigh.  

Maybe it all is really simple and I am making it complicated.  I always tell my Husband that you cannot help who you love.  OK, let me back that up a bit.  I have no clue why I love him.  There is no real reason I can pin point why I love this man the way I do.  No explanation that I can verbalize as to my profound love for him.  He also cannot explain his love for me.  He says that I was put on this earth to frustrate him and give him the most joy and pleasure that he thought possible in the same breath.  I guess my Mother taught me well.  Maybe this love of Heavenly Father is like that, there are no words, no explanations.  It simply is what it is.  Like the love we have for our spouses.  You simply love who you love.  You cannot help it.

 Your faith is what it is,  there are no real or tangible reasons. You are on this path like a spiritual quest to get become a better person or soul and in the end go home to paradise.  Not just get there mind you but to be and speak with the Lord and stand in the presence of the light.  That takes a lot of hard work and walking the straight and narrow path of goodness.  Perhaps not that exactly but seeking all that he offers here on earth to know of his mighty wonders and become enlightened so that your soul can grow and you can be closer to him and his glory.  

I guess I won't know until I am dead.  We all won't know until we are dead.  That is the beauty of it.  Right?  Being dead is the only sure way to know for sure.  I can wait.  How about you? 
  





2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think that God does not speak only one language or only one religion, it has something to do with the “Tower of Babel” thing. God is too big and too free of “petty” to act like that. I sometimes think that God tries to communicate in all languages and all in religions as best as he can and as well as people will let him.
    Sometimes, the people, the languages, the cultures, the politics, the governments, the basic screw ups of human beings, and basically just the passage of time, muck up the message like a game of telephone so that it is so hard to understand. For all of us ordinary people it can be so frustrating when we are searching for something "real" of God to hold on to.
    I know there were words that I was told that Jesus spoke. I could not figure out the meaning in a way that made sense to me. It was sometimes confusing. Other “Christians” could not seem to clarify the confusion for me. When I read some texts of other religions I would hear basically the same message, stated just a little differently, pointed to a different culture, circumstance, whatever, and suddenly the meaning of the message came through clear as a bell. The meaning of the message that I could see, understand, relate to was often not what one particular Christian scholar somewhere had decided that it meant to him– it was perhaps something much bigger, much more profound, and often much more simple and straightforward. I sort of felt like God had finally sent me a personal messager, sometimes years later, dressed sometimes even in a different religion, at a time when I was ready to understand, evaluate, determine good from evil etc. I just had to be open to it. It has always been a gift to finally feel like I have some understanding of the great mystery of God.
    This is a special weekend and a special Holiday. Hope that Peace, Love, Miracles, Rest, and some small personal enlightenment comes to all in whatever why helps them the most.
    Blessed Easter and the Rising of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so get what your saying and understand completely. Isn't God cool that he can speak to you that way. I love God. He rules.

    ReplyDelete